COVID 19 Guidance
Note to all members of Gelli Park Bowls Club, 24th April 2021
Following the initial Welsh government guidance and detailed supplementary guidance from Bowls Wales received Version 3.0. Date Issued: 20/04/2021. The club committee has agreed to the activities which may now take place at the green in the light of this new guidance but continues to emphasise that any bowling will be still be subject to very strict guidelines which are detailed below. The committee will review the guidelines regularly in the light of new government or Bowls Wales guidance and in the light of any learnings at the green.
For each of us the decision to bowl or not remains a very personal one and some members will decide not to start bowling again at this time. This is totally understandable. Every member who does decide to bowl must take personal responsibility for ensuring that they respect the guidelines at all times for the safety of our members, their households, our volunteers, the wider community and indeed the very reputation of our bowls club. Village residents walking in the area will see that the Bowls Club has reopened and it is essential that they see good practice and compliance.
Social distancing rules must be strictly adhered to and you must remain at least two metres apart from other bowlers, (who are not part of your household) at all times.
If you have any queries or concerns about the guidelines please speak to Kevin, Alun or Layton
Any member(s) wishing to go to the green for a roll up must “book a slot” by contacting K. Rees
- Please state when you want to bowl (preferred date and time), provide names of who you will be playing with. You should ensure you receive a confirmation before going to the green.
Please do not arrive more than a few minutes before playing.
As recommended by Bowls Wales.
PLEASE: - Click on link below to read new current guidelines.
Social distancing rules must be strictly adhered to and you must remain at least two metres apart from other bowlers, markers, coaches (who are not part of your household) at all times.
If you have any queries or concerns about the guidelines please speak to Committee
Clubhouse and Facilities
Until further notice, our clubhouse, men’s changing room, equipment room and main toilet block must stay locked and bowlers will not have access to them.
The single toilet with its hand washing facilities will remain unlocked for essential use only. After use any surfaces touched including toilet seat, taps, door handle must be wiped down with paper cloths and sanitiser spray.
Sanitiser and paper cloths will be available for cleaning hands and equipment before and after playing
There will be no rubbish bins – players must take any rubbish away with them including any wipes used. We suggest they bring along a small bag for any rubbish which they can then dispose of in their wheelie bins at home.
To minimise the risk of infection, only essential items (as below) should be utilised during any session:
- Mat – these are available on the table outside the mens changing rooms – remember clean with paper cloths and sanitiser spray before and after use. Designate one player to place/move/straighten the mat.
- Bowls – You should bring your own bowls
- Jack – these are available on the table outside the mens changing rooms. – remember clean with paper cloths and sanitiser spray before and after use. If the jack is being delivered rather than just placed a white and yellow jack should be at each end. Each lead or singles player should be designated either “Yellow or White” and should only deliver their coloured jack.
- Rink markers – these will already have been put in place
- Scorecards (these should be retained by one person only if required)
Spray chalk – may be used for touchers but bowlers should not touch other players bowls with their hands.
To minimise the risk of infection, any other equipment is not deemed essential equipment at this time and should not be utilised. This includes:
• Scoreboards • Ditch markers • 2m distance sticks • Stick Chalk
Summary of Required Actions
- Do not go to the club if you are experiencing any coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms or any cold or flu-like symptoms, in particular a cough or a high temperature. Use the NHS 111 website or helpline and seek advice.
- For your own protection, follow the advice about self-isolation if you are, or are living with, someone in one of the vulnerable groups
- Dress appropriately before you get to the club to avoid the need to change clothes – change shoes immediately before and after your game. Dress code is relaxed although as always proper bowls shoes must be worn when on the green.
- Travel to the green on your own or with members of your own household only – do not offer a lift to, or accept a lift from, anyone outside your household. Do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your allocated booking time.
• Avoid using toilets at the club wherever possible and clean anything you have touched after use. The accessible toilet will be unlocked for essential use.
• Take any food or drink you might need with you
• Wash or sanitise your hands and sanitise any equipment (including bowls, jacks and mats) you use before and after you play – do not assume that the person before you has sanitised the equipment thoroughly
• Sanitise the padlock and the sliding handle at the main entrance before and after use. See comments above
Social distancing rules must be strictly adhered to: you must remain at least 2 metres apart from other bowlers, a marker, coach or spectator (who are not part of your own household) at all
2 Views - Last updated: 01/12/21